Exploring Web 2.0 tools

Exploring YouTube, Twitter and other Web 2.0 tools


This week I have been very busy exploring new technology tools being implemented in my summer school class. June 22, 2020 will be the first online day of summer school. For this journey I have had to research three different technology tools.

  • Amplify is an online program that strives to engage all students with deep and challenging content. It also provides teachers with powerful tools to assist them with understanding and responding to the needs of every student.
  • Zearn is a top rated math program that strives in demonstrating notable higher proficiency standards, growth and major math improvement in state scores. Usage plays a major role with its success.
  • Lalilo is an online tool for grades Kindergarten, 1st and second grade teachers and students. With this program students will work on adaptive exercises in phonics, word recognition and comprehension. It is a playful interactive world tool.
YouTube is a too that I constantly use in the classroom to promote learning. I am well rounded with this platform. It is definitely a powerful tool that is used for teaching and learning. The possibilities using YouTube are endless.

I continue with my journey with Twitter. I have learned that many educators benefit greatly of the many advantages offered by using this platform. I never thought how Twitter has enhanced positively in the education world. I will continue searching for helpful Tweets in the Librarian-ship world.


Comments